Why yes, I did go to Oxford!…

Posted by on July 15, 2014

…. Although, I was only there for one day.

Today was our class trip to Oxford! I am EXHAUSTED. The bus ride was three hours. We left at a beautiful 7:30AM. Upon arrival, we were allowed to travel wherever we desired. Four of us took a tour of a gorgeous library and the Radcliffe camera. Afterward, we wandered about town, visited the Alice in Wonderland shop, and grabbed a bite to eat at a bakery owned by a very kind Pakistani woman.

After our walkabout, we got to take part in a very interesting English tradition: punting.

Punting is the process of standing on the edge of a long-boat and pushing the boat through a canal with an eight-foot long metal pole. It is not an easy process, but I eventually got into the hang of it.

punting (1)

10411333_10203209423129570_5079317430019469929_n

And thankfully, nobody fell in!

Needless to say, I am ready for bed now that our bus trip is over. I loved Oxford and really want to come back in the future!